Friday, April 13, 2012

Desert Rose in Bloom!

Ok, Coachella is officially the coolest music festival ever. I just learned today that they are streaming ALL of the concerts this weekend and next on YouTube. The quality is great--tonight I tuned in to see reggae legend Jimmy Cliff (he did an awesome cover of "Ruby Soho" with Rancid's Tim Armstrong), and am currently watching one of my all time faves, Madness... keeping that sweet ska vibe happening (oh man, even David Hasselhoff is in the audience!). And up next is Pulp-- thank you-- makes me feel better about not making it to NYC (need car $ anyway). This festival has an amazing lineup... I'll definitely be tuning in here and there (and possibly driving Sarah mad).

I had the day off today (working tomorrow at the Museum), so Sarah and I spent it working on more wedding stuff. A couple of times I looked over at her and it sunk in... my God, I'm getting married! To a gorgeous woman! Wow.

I'm not sure this is going to be the most substantial blog entry... I'm trying to type this while "House of Fun" by Madness is blasting live in the background. All I can say is that for a year with three (count 'em three) Friday the 13ths, 2012 is doing alright... I have had off for both of them, spending time with my gal, and the next one will be two days before my wedding. Wow. Surreal year... like an indie rock fest in the desert... it's happening. 

Related Links:  



No comments:

Post a Comment