Sunday, July 29, 2012

Solid Gold!

I'm telling you, if this weekend were being judged like the current Summer Olympics, it would a gold medal-winner! 


My birthday/post-wedding celebration continued from Thursday on, including two nights of karaoke and dancing at Albany's Fuze Box nightclub. It was wild heading back to the Fuze, which stirs up all kinds of good memories for Sarah and me. The DJ was someone we knew previously, and she gave us a special shout out, and special non-80s request: "Analogue" by A-ha, which I had hoped to have played at the wedding reception. It was just a non-stop party, with plenty of great tunes (it helps to give requests ahead of time)! I certainly did a lot of dancing over the past couple days. 


Also, I really enjoyed last night's karaoke, held at bar called Bourbon Street, here in Schenectady. The DJ has everything... I even had a go at this old blast-from-the-past favorite of mine:





It certainly feels great to have strangers coming up to me afterwards, sharing their praise... saying that "you were really 'feeling' that song!" Yeah, I do love doing this type of thing, and watching the clip back, I see areas where I believe I did indeed "nail it." To me, it confirms the feeling I have that I should be trying my hand at more music and performing, in a much more dedicated, serious effort.


Tonight Sarah made a delicious dinner, with vegetables we picked up this afternoon at the local farmer's market--there's no comparison to fresh, from the farm to table taste.


Thank you friends for an unforgettable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment